Wednesday, April 15, 2020

March Day


NOTE: This post did not post on the correct day way back in March. So, here it is!
Another cold and blustery mid March day.We had snow flurries throughout the day but at the very end of the afternoon the sun came out but it sure didn't warm up!
We have cattle scattered all over right now. Feeding takes a long time if only one of us is doing it. I was alone today but that's ok. I enjoy the solitude and the company of my dogs and cattle.
When we are haying in the summer, I always like to take a picture or two to share saying, "This is the view from my office today." I have done it also, when out in the badlands horseback. Even though it was gloomy today, my "office view" was still nice. Snow lay on the fields and pastures from a quick little front that came through last night and this morning. The prairie grass and the stubble in the hay fields was gray and tan, the furrows dark black frozen soil.
At the edge of the hay field where I was moving bales, there is a rock formation. It looks almost like someone had a giant Tonka truck and dumped them out. They look interesting all year. In the late spring and summer, the rocks are silhouetted against thunderheads. The rocks sit on a patch of native sod. When that grass is green, the contrast between the colors and textures is really striking.



No comments:

Post a Comment